Would you like to learn to fish? Your opportunity awaits you at Crane’s Lochaven Wilderness Lodge. Join in on the Experience Fishing French River program.
Crane’s Lochaven Wilderness Lodge is an American Plan island fishing lodge located on the beautiful, historic, French River in Ontario, Canada. Part of a private 10 square kilometre island accessible by boat 9.5 kilometres from our landing, Crane’s is located just 3.5 hours north of Toronto, offering great fishing on the French River for walleye, northern pike, bass and muskie.
We’re a first-class operation that has been family owned and operated since 1973. We pride ourselves on top-notch service, outstanding accommodations, tantalizing cuisine, and of course, the incredible fishing that Northeastern Ontario’s French River is known for.
Your stay includes:
- Supervised parking and water taxi to Commanda Island
- Accommodation in a private cottage
- All meals: breakfast, lunch, & dinner
- 16 foot boat w/ electric start Yamaha motors
- All gas, oil, bait, and ice
- All fishing equipment
- All safety equipment
- Portable fish finders
- Applicable fishing license
- Learning about fishing including components & use of a fishing rod, how to catch a fish, Ontario fishing rules and regulations, and boat compliance & operation
- Full dock service
- Fish cleaning, packaging, & freezing service
- All recreational activities such as paddling, billiards, darts, board games, etc.
- Other possible activities include walking or pontoon boat tours around Commanda Island
- Private cottage, Experience Fishing programming, 3 meals daily, fishing gear, motor, boat, gas, etc. for 3 nights = $800 per person
- Private cottage, Experience Fishing programming, 3 meals daily, fishing gear, motor, boat, gas, etc. for 5 nights = $1,350 per person
- Private cottage, Experience Fishing programming, 3 meals daily, fishing gear, motor, boat, gas, etc. for 7 nights = $1,700 per person